What’s your musical horoscope? (Put your music player on shuffle and write down the first 10 songs that come up.) Inspired by Stephanie.
I’m so tired right now that this is exactly the kind of blogging I can handle….
- “High Speed” by Coldplay (from Parachutes)
- “Wasting Time” by Jack Johnson (from On and On)
- “One in a Row” by Buddy Jewell (from Buddy Jewell)
- “You Ask Me To” by Waylon Jennings (from RCA Country Legends)
- “Bill Bailey, Won’t You Please Come Home” by Patsy Cline (from The Patsy Cline Collection)
- “Close the Door” by Clem Snide (from Soft Spot)
- “The Good Ain’t Gone” by Rex Hobart & the Misery Boys (from Empty House)
- “In the Palm of Your Hand” by Alison Krauss and the Cox Family (from I Know Who Holds Tomorrow)
- “Devotional Songs from Southern India” by Aruna Sairam (from Under the Moroccan Sky)
- “Rainy Day Woman” by Waylon Jennings (from RCA Country Legends)
I currently have over 7,500 songs on my iPod, so any 10 songs won’t be all that representative of my collection. Still, this isn’t un-representative of my taste; there’s some modern rock, some hardcore country, an alt-country song, and a little bit of world music. Just add some folk music, and you’ve got a pretty good idea what I like….
Still, how bizarre is it that two songs from the same Waylon Jennings album came up in a 10-song sample?